About our policy
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The information we collect
We may collect information that you provide us including personal details, such as your name. You may also provide us with your contact details including your address, phone number and email address.
We may collect information about you including transactional information, communication records, your marketing preferences, information about how you use our products. We may also collect information gathered when you visit our website such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browsing plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, uniform resource locators (URL), cookies and how you navigate our websites. We use this information for technical monitoring and optimising our websites.
How we collect your information
We collect your personal information when you subscribe to our services, for example by filling in forms on our websites or by corresponding with us by telephone or email. We may also collect your information when you interact with our websites.
How we use your information
We will only use your information under the following circumstances:
When it is necessary to fulfil our contract with you
Some of the information we process is required for us to provide you with our products and services. For example, we require your address to send any products purchased to you.
Where we have obtained your consent
We may collect and process your information with your consent, for example, when you tick a box to receive marketing material from us or ask us to contact you about our products and services. We will always make it clear to you what you are consenting to and what information is necessary for our services. If you have given consent to the use of your personal information, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time.
Where we have a legitimate interest
Sometimes we use your personal information to pursue our legitimate business or commercial interests in a way you might reasonably expect. We will not rely on our own legitimate interests without first considering your own rights, freedoms or interests. Some of our legitimate interests include:
- Carrying out marketing activities.
- Communicating with you about our products.
- Improving our products, services and relationship with you and our partners.
- Creating a better customer service experience.
- Monitoring complaints handling.
- Improving our website to ensure that content is optimally presented for you.
Who we share your information with
We may need to share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us that allow us to run our business and ensure we can fulfil our contractual obligations to you. We may also share your information if required to do so by law or to enforce our legal rights. Third parties we may need to share your information with include delivery and fulfilment providers, payment providers and system administration services.
Third parties will only use your information to perform their obligations to us so that we can fulfil our contract with you or pursue our legitimate interests. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
- You may request access to the information we hold about you by making a subject access request.
- You may request that we destroy, delete or discontinue using your personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purpose we collected it.
- You may request that we stop processing your information when you contest its accuracy or the lawfulness of the processing.
- You may ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you.
- If you have given us your consent to use your information, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw your consent.
- Where we are processing your information to pursue our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
- You have the right to stop us using your information for direct marketing. You can opt-out and we will always comply with your request. Click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email communication we send you to notify us that you would like us to stop any further emails.
How long will we store your information?
We will store your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was originally collected or to fulfil a legal obligation.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Or you can write to us at:
FAO the DPO
Kith & Kin (Sequent Limited)
52 Cornmarket Street
Oxford OX1 3HJ